Saturday, October 27, 2012

Orange and Blue studies continue

The complimentary colours exercise continues. I know this subject was a bit intricate. But I find that I have to really like the subject to paint it, otherwise I get bored and loose my focus. This exercise brought me back to my art school days and all the terminology came rushing back; composition, foreshortening. Recently, I have discovered that I benefit from talking through my process. Luckily, I am at a point in the life where I don't care if I appear to be crazy by talking while I paint. It also helps that the only audience I have today is my 2 years old, and he doesn't seem to mind. I did the right one first and found that my drawing did not convey the foreshortening enough therefore confused my eyes. I drew the second one with a bit more accuracy but I think they both made me think about light source and shadow. I think I might get a flower from the market to paint for tomorrow's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment