Friday, November 30, 2012

Giddy at the Getty LA

I'm on the flight back from a short vacation in LA. We managed to combine family activities like Disney with some cultural outings like the Getty and I think everyone had a good time. My highlight of the trip was the visit to the Getty. I loved taking the tram up to catch a magnificent view and I enjoyed seeing my favorite old masters. I was pleased to show the kids their first Van Gogh - the Irises, even through the experience probably went right over their heads. I was particularly drawn to a piece by Degas - the hat maker. I liked the composition very much. I will further study this piece after I get home. The Children's House was inspiring not just for kids. I doodled along with my boys as you see here.














No comments:

Post a Comment